On May 27, 2021, the event “UkraineInvest Talks: Dnipro” took place in Dnipro, organized jointly by the Government Investment Promotion Office UkraineInvest, Dnipro City Council and Dnipro Development Agency.
The flagship project of the event was the Industrial Park “Innovation Forpost”, which is implemented by the Agency. International experience shows that industrial parks become an effective mechanism for the development of innovation strategies and provide the formation of the knowledge economy, information technology, new business processes, as well as economic leadership of countries on the world stage. A wide range of support tools and incentives are used to attract investment in industrial parks.
In general, the topic of industrial parks is timely in Ukraine and arouses a lot of interest from both potential residents and the Government. That is why a panel was dedicated to them – “Industrial Parks – at the start of change”, moderated by Olexander Kapli – Director of “Dnipro Development Agency”.
The discussion was attended by:
Dmytro Kysylevsky – People’s Deputy of Ukraine, Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Economic Development
Viktor Podorozhny – Director General of the Regional Policy Directorate of the Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine
Oleksiy Fokardi – CEO of Isatex Invest Group (“Refma” Industrial Park)
Vitaliy Barannikov – Director of “Ecopolis HTZ” Business Park Management Company
Olexander Pavlov – Corporate Communications Director, “Konecranes”
The main theses that were discussed:
– Bill 4416-1, which contains financial incentives, is currently being prepared for the second reading. And its promotion, in turn, allowed to unfreeze the discussion on bills 3724 and 3725, which contain tax and customs incentives for industrial parks (from Dmytro Kysylevsky).
In 2021, the Minregion will allocate over UAH 70 million for the development of the infrastructure of industrial parks with the State Fund for Rural Development in 4 regions (this is 10 times more than in the previous 5 years). Also, more than UAH 10 million due to sectoral budget support will be directed to a pre-investment project to create 5 more Industrial Parks in 3 regions (from Victor Podorozhny).
– Private parks do not see the prospect of registration, as there are no preferential incentives, the same issue is of interest to parks, which were initiated by local governments and local state administrations;
– The Government and the People’s Deputies understand the importance of these issues, express a high degree of interest and implement specific measures to promote the necessary bills.
– But in the Government, there are groups of people who take care of financial security and fiscal policy, who oppose the promotion of the above bills, citing the possible abuse of benefits and the transformation of parks into offshore zones and so on.
– Therefore, a common desire was expressed to join forces and find common solutions, because, as world experience has shown, industrial parks are the cradle of industry, the basis for creating ecosystems of “green” production, attracting investment in the regions, creating jobs and, accordingly, raising living standards.
***** About the event:
The event “UkraineInvest Talks: Dnipro” is the first conference in a series of events that highlight the investment potential of the regions of Ukraine and aimed at presenting the investment potential of the eastern region.
The conference program consisted of interactive discussion panels with the participation of about 50 speakers, including People’s Deputies, line ministers, representatives of the business community, international financial organizations, and the expert community. The hall was attended by local investors and businessmen of the city of Dnipro, as well as representatives of five regions: Kharkiv, Zaporizhia, Donetsk, and Luhansk regions – mayors and heads of regional state administrations.
The opening of the event was attended by the Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmygal and the Deputy Head of the Office of the President Kyrylо Tymoshenko. The mayor of Dnipro, Borys Filatov, presented the city of Dnipro and its potential and stressed that: “The rules should be the same and clear for everyone. I have always emphasized this, because that is the only way to build trust. And these are the just conditions we have created in Dnipro. As mayor, I am the guarantor of any initiative that will improve our city.”
You can watch the recording of the online broadcast at the following link: https://youtu.be/8Z_87WevAis
Watch the program of the event – http://event.ukraineinvest.com/